Cultivated Reef

Reeftreasures 20L SPS tank

reeftreasures

reeftreasures

well i started it now i need to wait alittle longer to get some stuff in it but heres the run down

as of now consists of:

AGA 20L

Aqua clear 300/ carbon only

Coralife 2-36 power compact until cycling is done

15 watt uv sterilzer plumed with a mag 7

100W heater

20 LBS black sand

30LBS live rock

What it will consist of:

10 gallon sump/refugium

Berlin classic skimmer/ mag 7

15 watt uv sterilizer/ mag 7

40 LBS live rock

and a whole lot of SPS

oh yeah and a 250 HQI halide over it built in to the coralife fixture if i can figure it out

Looking good so far, it seems like you've put a lot of thought into it. Couple of suggestions:

1) Spend the money for a refractometer, it's worth it, especially with SPS.

2) If it's not a permanent background, I'd change it to black, it would look really cool with the black sand, and really make the eye focus on the corals rather than the background. Also the intake of the AC won't stand out like it does right now.

4) More water movement - the aquaclear and the mag 7s just aren't going to create the random flow that would make SPS thrive.

Not that I disagree, just wondering why you put the UV sterilizer in. Skimmer efficiency?

nice... but yeah, why the UV? I mean I guess it cant hurt... I think you should get just a bit... not alot more, live rock... just another peace to go in the left corner...

reeftreasures

the uv was put in becuase i seem to have a problem with ich with every tank i own and every fish i add to them so i have one on every tank just for incase.

i was planning on getting some more live rock when the LFS gets some more nice stuff in. this was left overs from other tanks.

i just ordered my refractometer since i will be playing with more and more sps i figured i might as well spend the money.

water movement won't be a problem as i just bought a new tank so i will be using my velocity t4 from my 65 as a closed loop on this tank. do you think this will be enough flow?

i was thinking the same thing about the background but i can't find black contact paper anywhere so i might go to my local sign guy and get some vinyl for it.

is that 30lbs of lr in that picture?

just curious cause if thats 30 in yours i must have 40-50 in mine easy

i dont really know exactly how much i have in mine because i pulled it out of my 46 bf after i broke it down

cool beans

Archived