Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Moon light is sweet!!

jspahn

A little tip i just thought of. Buy a variable voltage AC adapter to replace the R2 one, and simulate varying phases of the moon..

Just a thought..

Chris

Originally posted by ccjung

A little tip  i just thought of. Buy a variable voltage AC adapter to replace the R2 one, and simulate varying phases of the moon..

Just a thought..

Chris

I can get that at the "Shack" I would guess. I'll stop by after I go skiing in the morning. Thanks Chris.

Originally posted by jspahn

Check out the great hues of blues :) from the moon light chris @ nanocustoms put in my lighting system.

Image-DCF10B75728911D9.jpg

MY BTA is hiding in the corner. I just got him on Friday so I would guess he doesn't like the light. I am still working on the lighting schedule.

Jeff

Where is your moonlight mounted? I mounted mine just before the first bulb pointing up towards the reflector. Mine is not as bright as yours - that is why I am curious

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Wow !!!

I have the R-2 moonlight from Chris too, but it's not that bright. In fact I also have two 3/4 coralife to go with it and still no way near as bright as this one.

Are you telling me it's just an R-2 under there with a variable ac adapter ???

Here is a picture of mine...

Mike

1ht1fb

how much does it cost to set up some nice "moon lights"? and can some one show me a pic of the whole thing (the tank and the room its in) because i have my tank by my bed, and i wanna be able to sleep with the moon lights on!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hey reefers,

I'm taking the same picture under just the R-2 moonlight but I adjusted my digital camera to white balance then I shot the picture.

Same as the above moon light just a different setting on the camera. What do you guys think?

Mike

1ht4ar

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I would like to add this picture of just my actinics no moonlights.

Do you guys see a difference?

Mike

1ht4s1

1ht4w8

Originally posted by 666

the moonlight in the first pic seems a little too bright.

Yeah it is a little to bright. I am going to put the variable power adapter on like Chris suggested and turn the light down a bit. Also, I was using a very slow shutter speed on the camera so it looks alot brighter than it really is.

Originally posted by mikeguerrero

Wow !!!

I have the R-2 moonlight from Chris too, but it's not that bright.  In fact I also have two 3/4 coralife to go with it and still no way near as bright as this one.

Are you telling me it's just an R-2 under there with a variable ac adapter ???

Here is a picture of mine...

Mike

1ht1fb

Mike- Yep, that is the stock R-5 that Chris installed in my hood. He suggested the variable adapter so I will install that today and see if I can turn it down a smidge.

Jeff

Originally posted by mikeguerrero

I would like to add this picture of just my actinics no moonlights.

Do you guys see a difference?

Mike

1ht4s1

1ht4w8

Mike-

It that a H.O.T. Magnum filter you have on the right side of the tank? Do you run it all the time and modified the hood or just use it for occasional water "polishing".

Jeff

I think the first photo is a little over exposed. The R2 provides broad coverage, but not that bright. My two favorite moonlights for the Nano-Cube are the R2 and a cold cathode set up like Sinistard's.

Jeff, let us know how things progress with your bta in your cube.

Well, now he is crusing around in the back under the rocks. I hope he decides to come out soon. I would like to feed him directly but I guess he can get the food flowing through the water.

I really want to get a Sun Coral but I am going to have to wait til I get back from vacation. My wife doesn't like to do the acclimation bit.

Jeff

Archived