Cultivated Reef

15 year old in LA (818) looking for corals for 7 gallon nano

whooozyooodady

whooozyooodady

Hi, its me again

Don't think I am looking for free corals. Im willing to pay up to

20$$$$$ or even more. But the aquarium shops near my house want to sell me cheap corals that look half dead for around 40$$$$. Please help me out you guys. Its really hard saving up enough just to get crapy corals. I already spent 100$$ on a couple of mushrooms and xenias!:*(

THANKS

I would have to disagree with you there... I have lots of corals that were free or very cheap from members of my local aquarium society. The only coral I have paid more than 5 dollars for so far is a frogspawn.

Dave

Originally posted by Sarnack

I would have to disagree with you there... I have lots of corals that were free or very cheap from members of my local aquarium society.  The only coral I have paid more than 5 dollars for so far is a frogspawn.

Dave

i agree. i would send you some leather frags and xenia. but s&h would be somewhat high.

whooozyooodady

I was thinking of getting a job at a aquarium store near my house. But there is 2 problems. All the aquarium stores near my house wont hire me because im under 17. And I get way to much homework. But maybe I can get a job over the summer.

If you ever have the chance to catch a ride down to orange county (Irvine) I will hook you up with red sea pom pom xenias ($5/stalk), a Green Strip mushroom rock with about 10 shrooms that i want to get rid of ($7, the rock is about 5"x3"), and i will always have COLORFUL zooanthus frags ($15-$20/frag depending on colors), Oh I will also have a medium colony of Metalic Green Star Polyp rock (5x4" rock FULL for $20)

let me know,

Anthony

Dude if you have a chance to get Anthony's stuff go for it. His stuff is quality and you won't be disappointed.

Where in the 818 area do you live? What corals are you looking for?

whooozyooodady

I live in encino. Im looking for any soft coral.(mushrooms,colts,xenias,polyps,etc.) The problem is I dont have a car yet. And my dad said he will take me anywhere that is in 30 miles (40 min) radius from my house. So orange county is out of the question. I was thinking about getting it shipped. Do you guys know how much shipping is?

Get a friend to drive you down to Anthony's sometime, 10 bucks for gas and an adventure. Anthony's a great guy and you won't be dissappointed with what you get from him.

i love the stuff i got from anthony! get the f***in star polyps. don't even think about it, just get them. they are some of the nicest i've ever seen and mine are spreading like crazy. what are you waiting for!!!!

by the way, in your other post you said you were taking AP and college courses. your 15 and taking AP classes?!?!?!?! are you a super genius or somthin. im sure there is a LFS that will hire you somewhere. i'm 14 and work at one, but it may be different where you live.

printerdown01

Hehe, Metz you can tell you don't live in CA! ;) They never higher anyone under 16 here!! It's nuts! Anyway, I've have NEVER heard anything bad about Anthony's stuff. In fact everyone goes on and on about it! The pics of the new prop tank look pretty good by the way Anthony. Also, there is a good possibility that I might make a run up to UCLA this year, to visit a friend or two. If I do I'll send you a PM (I'll also be bringing sand for nano-reefer who goes to UCLA when I make this trip). As for no good samaratins: There are tons! I give my xenia away, since it grows quickly. I was going to sell my new fox coral (I can't find a home for it in my tank :( ) for like $10 or so -REALLY nice peice too! Thanks to my GF's clown I can't sell it to him now... It took the fox as a host, and I just don't have the heart to tear it away from him, so the damn coral is sitting on the bottom of my tank on the sand! I have red sea encrusting xenia -from Rick J G (free). And I have a a gorgonia frag that I got for a BUCK! As well as a organ pipe coral that I picked up for two bucks! So yeah, they are out there! And the best way to attract them is by giving stuff away yourself! As soon as you have frags to trade, either swap with someone, or just plain give'm away. This will attract fellow givers! Hey, Metz when I won the six-pac of corals 2 of the corals I ordered were for fellow nano-reefers (one is going to JAG and the other to Neptune)! I think there are a MILLION of us out there! Just keep looking whooozyooodady... But seriously take Anthony up on his offer! For the quatilty of stuff that he pumps out $10 is essentially free!! p.s. What APs are you taking...? I took a bunch in HS as well... they are really helping me out with GEs now that I'm in college...

whooozyooodady

I talked to my dad and he said he would probably take me too Anthony's next week. I need some time to save up some money. ;)

The classes im taking are AP US history, AP Biology, Honors Algebra 2, Honors English, Honors Spanish 2a, and im on the tennis team. The college classes that im taking (which are a lot easier then my school classes) are Sociology and Anthropology.

whooozyooodady

Anthony do you live any where near UCSD (sand diego) because my sister goes there and im goin to go see her there next week. And maybe I can drop by and buy some corals. Can you give me your full price list. So I should know how much money to save.

THANKS.

Archived