Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

chicagoman_35's Nanocube DX

chicagoman_35

chicagoman_35

This is after being set up for a month...

I used live sand from my main tank and from my brothers tank. Bought around 10lbs of cultured live rock, took a few pieces from my main tank and got a couple pieces from my bro as well!

Got 10 nassasarius snails, 4 turbo's, 6 mini blue hermits, small green brittle star, gold CB shrimp, purple pistol, Hi Fin goby, (not w/shrimp :( ), small maroon clown, and a bicolor blenny. Coral wise, the green polyps, some white ployps, and peach zoa's.

I did the typical mod's to the tank. Cut some slots for surface skimming, replaced the sump pump with an aquaglobe powerhead (300gph), placed the factory pump in the tank for added circulation, run the carbon and sponges in the first section, LR rubble and LS in the second, and just the return pump in the third.

chicagoman_35

Here's another pic, sadly the pearly Jawfish jumped into the filter section and perrished. I was really bummed this morning. He had so much personality too!

Sorry to hear about the jawfish - I had one too and lost it to jumping - they're known for that :(.

Be careful w/ the green brittle star - they get to be giants, easily 20" across - and as they get larger their tastes turn to fish :o

chicagoman_35

Yea, when he gets too big for my nano, I'll throw him into my big tank!

I really hoped the jawfish would be OK! There isn't much room to get into the back section of the tank! But he surely found a way!

Archived