inTank Media Baskets

pic of my 20g

freckles

I know it isn't much right now, but here is my 20g that I setup.....  I haven't decided if I like the way I aquascaped it.  Do you have any suggestions to make it look neater (aquascape wise, that is!)?20g.gif

looks nice, but heres what I think; if that is all the LR you are going to put into it, I think it would looks better with the live rock right bang in the middle.

Is this going to be a reef setup?  If so, I think you will need a lot more LR than this.

I take it that tank is a 20G high.  You need about 1-1.5lbs

LR per gallon. It looks like you only have about 7lbs in there.

Get a bit more live rock and stack them up near the middle, so they kinda reach the higher parts of the tank.

That way you can place high light requiring corals higher in the tank etc.

Hope this helps.

Hope you dont mind, I just said what I thought would make your tank look better for you. :)

(Edited by Sahin at 5:50 pm on June 8, 2002)

thanks, sahin!:)  

Actually, it's not a 20g high.... it's just a regular 20g.  And, I have approx. 20 lbs in there.  I'd like it to be a reef tank, but don't have the lighting in there yet.  Right now, it just has a 15 watt 50/50 bulb on.  I'd like to get PC lighting.  What kind of rock do u suggest?  bulky, twisted pieces?  I have a piece of lace rock in my 125g, actually I have 2 pieces and thought of using that too...... but am not sure.

If you mean shape, its up to you, but just make sure that it somewhat reaches the higher levels of the tank, get a nice sloping reef effect.

Try get some quite porous rock.  I think what you is perhaps very dense and so even though its 20 lbs it doesnt look like much in there.

You could still set it up and have the rock all cycled and put some hermits and other clean up crew in there.

And when you get the proper lighitng, you'll have a fully cycled tank to put corals into.

hey freckles? have those lace rocks been treated with anything from your 125? i visit your site on ocassion, and i thought i read before that u treated your 125 for ich and everything. if they have been treated, dont use anything from that tank if u plan on making a reef, if its a fish only, its fine.

take a look at Rick_J_Gs tank in the member tanks section.  He put all his rock in the middle and kind of half buried it in the sand.  I think that looks really cool.  Your rocks look like they would be good for that.

hi tosi,

No, that was before I had the lace rock (dumb mistake, long story).

I measured the tank's height and its about 14" tall.......

quiksilver5768

Freckles,

There is no "regular 20". Its either high or long. That is a 20 high....the 20L's stretch to 30" and are only 12" high. The "normal" 20's are called 20 Highs which are only 24" long and 16" high.

Archived