SaltCritters.com

Please help me out, star polyps

Mhills16

I have recently purchased a nice sized star polyp which was beautiful in the store and has been in my tank for nearly two weeks and still no movement. at one time one single little polyp came out only to go right back inside seconds l;ater. I also mysteriously just lost my banded coral shrimp and all that was left of him when i discovered it was it's tail. I just purchased live rock and have been hearing clicking noises is it possible i have a mantis shrimp and what are the chances of getting a mantis by accident. also i havent seen him if i have one, are they rarely seen?

From the clicking noises and the dead coral banded, i would say it is possible that you have a mantis. How big is the tank and how much LR is in it?

sounds like a Mantis Shrimp for sure.

I have a little one in my 72G. Too small to do any damage. Yet.

I'll set a trap soon to remove him. I just saw mine recently after many many months but have heard the popping sound forever. if your mantis is big enough to take the shrimp out he is already dangerous and needs to go ASAP

since you have such a small amount of LiveRock I would do a fresh water dip to get him out.

2 weeks is a long time for a Coral to stay closed. post your

water parameters. Something isnt right,

What is your exact:

Lighting Watts, Temp, SG, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrates, PH, ALK

Archived