Top Shelf Aquatics

10 gal Nano @ 1 YEAR!:)

Nathan06

Hey everyone! This tank is a year old...yes i know slow progress. But I am a 17 year old student who goes to full time HS and has a part time job.

I do plan on getting a protien skimmer since I dont realy get to change water, and also plan on building an auto-top off.

All I have right now are corals. I got two perculas but I bought them with ick...yeah I couldn't save them.

Hopefully soon my tank will be on the rebound and have more inhabitants, for now this is the best i got.

Enjoy and waiting for comments:blush:

Nathan:)

LOL B/C Half the time I don't have distilled water, im at work, at school, or doing something else...thus I'm getting an auto top off.

But dude, have you noticed this yourself? You haven't got a spec of coraline growing in that thing, your water paramters are off, or your lighting is way too weak. Time to check alk, Ph, and Calc/Stront. good luck with new growth...:

speakeraddict

My guess it is from the swings in the parameters from the evap.

I have had my inwall 10 gallon setup for about two months now and it is already showing coralline growth and incredible growth in the corals (17 frags) all with only a one gallon fuge and 110 watts pc lighting and a SCWD with a rena 30 for circulation.

I do have an auto topoff setup that I built for under $20 and it is where I add my seachem supplements.

speakeraddict

DitchPlains: You are mistaken. There has been a lot of coraline growth. Especially the deep red which has covered an entire rock. Here is a picture with flash to show you. True, there may not be an excess of gowth but it is and has grown. I do dose with a 2 part calcium/alk. supplment. I am working to stabilize it more...thats the reason for my revisiting nano-reef.(switching to laptop to post pic...will be 10 min.)

MrMoFo: That's cool. Do you have a tank running or just starting.

speakeraddict: You could be right....I realize this, I'm making an auto top off.

Archived