Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

whats a good base rock?

atticusfinch

well i have about 5 pounds of live rock ... could use about 5 more in my 10 gallon ....live rock is to expensive around here so whats a good base rock?

seeding base rock can take a super long time. way better to shell out the money for the lr and not cheat your tank. where are you located? getting a few pounds through the mail could also be an option.

Originally posted by atticusfinch

well i have about 5 pounds of live rock ... could use about 5 more in my 10 gallon ....live rock is to expensive around here so whats a good base rock?

Hirocks.com is hit and miss. I did a bulk buy for the local reef society and the quality of what was sent was all over the board. My box was OK, while some people received a lot of dense rock and/or boulders. It is OK base rock... but there is a better option.

Reeferrocks.com is the best in terms of base rock in my opinion. I don't know if order 5lbs. via mail is cost effective, but that is where I would order it. Better rock and customer support makes these two vendors night and day experiences. They even send you pics of what they are sending before shipping.

Archived