SaltCritters.com

Clownfish in danger?

shoe_465

I found this on my clown last night and took a picture of it, wondering if anyone had an idea of what it might be. It dosen't seem to be harming the fish just yet because he shows no signs of bad health. I was thinking some kind of parasite maybe and if so do you know how to get them off.

lymphocystsis...my answer to almost every dieases,but im usually right!yea it does not harm the fish,but just looks ugly...perfect water conditions,and high salt,1.025-1.028 gets rid of it no medication can....but you can also scrape it off w/a scalpel,but be carefull!

acutally i pulled the fish out and put it in a little bowl and looked at it closely with a light and the thing on the side of its body is a mark from a scuffle or maybe him hitting my live rock, looks like a cut and his fin seems close to the same but still not sure what to do. i guess i will leave it for a lil bit and see

well it turns out my goby has been beating up on my clown and that was the reason for the marks. because yesterday i came home and one of his fins had a bite mark on it. so i took my goby out and too the lfs for him. I did get another clown and he is in there and they are doing great together they never leave each others side. thanks for your input

• 2 weeks later...

my ph is just a tade low at 7.8 but i did just do a water change yesterday but i lost him about 5 mintues ago i found my sally light foot crab has him, that little bastard.lol my salinity and everything else is good i ran out of buffer so i need go get some more tomorrow, but my other clownfish has been doing great, so i guess just some bad luck.

Archived