Cultivated Reef

parasite on my clownfish?

shoe_465

i noticed a minute ago that my clownfish had two little things on his body and i am not sure what they are or if they can harm him, take a peak let me know.

fungus, not ick. Quarantine him and treat him with an anti fungal med. Be SURE NOT TO GET ANY OF THE WATER FROM THE QUARANTINE TANK INTO YOUR DISPLAY TANK!!

ok thanks i will talk to my buddy at my lfs he probably can help me with a quarntine tank because unfortanetly i don't have an extra tank laying around, but thanks for the input

there's another option, you can also purchase a UV sterilizer. i had the same problem before, my saddleback was even worse but as soon as i installed the sterilizer it got better in a matter of days. now everytime a purchase a fish i don't have to qt them anymore. just a thought

i am going to check that out i thought of buying one before but not really sure where i would put it, i know some of them are hang on which i don't think would work with my nano cube, i will do some research on them to see if i can find one that will somehow sit behind my tank so i can run tubing from my pump to my outlet on the back wall, if you have any suggestions feel free to enlighten me. thanks for you time

just curious by putting one of these with my nano cube, they all seem to have a rate of up to a 50 gallon tank and that is huge compared to mine. Would a sterilizer kill to much and make the water possibly not healthy because it is too clean?

i came home yesterday from school and he was beaten up even worse with a bite mark out of his left fin. he still was breathing hard so i gave hime a formulin dip and that did wonders he is back to normal behavior and my goby was the one doing the damage on my clown there was only one other fish in my tank. my goby has acted weird since i got him. he is gone and i got another clown, the two of them never leave each others side and they seem to be doing great.

With 100lbs or more of live rock and 100lbs of live sand too I am sure as compared to 10-40 of LR and 10-20 of LS in a nano.

That makes a HUGE difference in how fast the microbs recover, breed, and maintain the system.

Archived