inTank Media Baskets

sunday 6-pack

vibe

Can those yellow cups be dyed like anemone's? I saw one today at LFS and it was like super super canary yellow bright and thought it was probably dyed. Is that possible?

thanks everyone!

k5asl and DarkXerox: thanks, it just caught my eye at the store.

uchiha, Shorty5198, and Kogut: thanks! i take a lot of pride in my aquascaping, and now i think my pruned hands and ripped up finger tips have pulled through ;) .

lex0219: it was a great find. i got it for $19.99 at pet world;) .

crunk: yes i did have 2 cup corals. the other was a purple one, but it was taking up to much room. so now it is currently in my 120 gallon.

Cesar: yes it is possible for them to be dyed. but this one isnt, because it doesnt have that "canary yellow" color to it. also i beleive you can tell if its dyed if the polyps are just as bright as the cup itself. my polyps have a slightly different tint than the cup.

thanks for the complemtent all. ill keep you posted on whats comming up.

The picture of the yellow cup by itself does not do it justice, it looks great in the full tank shot where you get an idea of its size and the dramatic effect it has on your tank. Nice find.

BKtomodachi: hey, hook a brother up;) .

hey guys get this. some guy one the other forum website that i go on told me that i was doing a good job until i "used my tank to confine a six lined wrasse." what are your thoughts on this "issue".???

ravenmore7: actually yellow is a natural color variation. like i said the way to tell in the store is if the yellow almost looks like its white, then its probably fake. also, usually its a "real" one if the polyps are a slightly different tint. hope this solves this "issue".

Archived