inTank Media Baskets

HELP!!!! what's my starfish looking this way for???

halfpint

169_6985.jpg

that's my seastar. do you see how pale he is? and look at those little jelly-like hairs on him... what's his problem. he's been looking kinda pale lately.

also, what is this:

169_6995.jpg

thanks.

• 4 months later...

THANKS ALOT FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS! HE DIED BECAUSE I COULD NOT GET ANY INFO ON HIS PROBLEM!

[edit] I'm sorry for responding like that. I was really retarted to act like that. I was new to N-R and I expected everyone to just do all they could. Now I know that I was wrong in acting that way. Sorry to everyone that I yelled at. I was just kinda "venting" my frustration over losing my sea star and not knowing what happened. [/edit]

lol. you expected to have help on a saturday at 4:46pm...why didn't you try bumping it? try another board perhaps? he couldn't have died due to you not knowing how to care for him? interesting... ???

Try doing some research BEFORE you buy. A starfish should not even be attempted in a tank less than 6 months old. YOU must acclimate for at least 2 hours.

Don't go blaming anyone here. BLAME yourself.

Bob

The tank had been set up for over a year and my brother and brother-in-law supprised me and got it for me for my birthday. normally, i'd go research before getting it, but i never found much on it. I didn't know about starfish needing a 2hour acclimation until today. I do blame myslef for not finding more out. I was just saying that when people put a post on here saying help that the other members should have helped. i'm not angry, or blaming anyone on here but me.

Originally posted by halfpint1187

THANKS ALOT FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS! HE DIED BECAUSE I COULD NOT GET ANY INFO ON HIS PROBLEM!

Really, What is this?

Bob

BKtomodachi

Yeah, this thread is a major ####-off for me. Its ALL our fault, right?

Our fault that you were to damn lazy to research for youself? Our fault that you know squat about starfish? Our fault that you posted an ambiguous question and expected us to understand?

Ha. Ha. Ha.

ARGH!!!!! one of my stars lived fine, then got eaten by the fish, i moved him to a safer area only to find he came back to the class, ready to be eaten some more so i left him, foolish creature, the other does well staying in a cave.

Archived