Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

tylernt's zoos

tylernt

These started from a 5-polyp frag maybe a year ago. They also fought off a Xenia invasion -- I had a stalk of Xenia growing smack dab in the middle of the lower cluster. Took about a month, but the Xenia has finally moved away.

Anyway, this is the only part of the tank I'm not embarrased to show... too much hair algae. :(

Wow. Those are BRIGHT and have awesome colors. Nice job w/ those. Don't be afraid to show the rest of the tank! In the past day, I've seen a tank w/ no LR and plastic coral and plants and a tank w/ an undergravel filter. There is no waaay you could be anywhere near as bad as that. Why so much algae if I might ask?

DarkXerox, I have two zebra leg hermits but they seem to ignore the algae.

Thanks Kogut. For a while there I was getting lazy with the water changes, only doing them every other week. I'm back on track, doing 20% weeklies now and so far it's not spreading but it's not receding either. Ah well.

Ok, maybe a couple more pics. Here's some baby Xenia and some of the aforementioned algae.

My favorite, stripey shrooms. I've had these just as long as the blue ones, but sadly, it only spawned one offspring.

That's all for now!

Very nice frags , bright and brilliant, but not to get to far off of topic, who is that in your avatar? If she's your gf you are one lucky man! I don't know your age, so if she's your daughter, you are one unlucky man (lots of guys after her!).

matt the fiddler

have you tried to slice and dice the shrooms? you would be suprised how many you can get from one.... and they grow in in 3 months or so

Oops I was wrong. I dug around on my HD and found a pic from when I first started the tank. There are the parents of the zoos in the first and last pics.

All I can say is, WOW!

tMoney, sadly, I don't even know who the girl is. I got the pic from the "Intarweb". Ours is purely a platonic relationship.

Yeah Matt I should frag 'em. But, I guess I'm a combination of chicken (afraid I'll kill them) and lazy. Sorry to let you down. :(

Archived