ReefCleaners.org

Help Candy Cane Coral

exel170

I come home tonight and I have my candy cane coral not looking so good. There seems to be this white creamy colored like tunnel looking thing, on my candy cane corals. There were doing good before this, nice ad opened. Now they are all closed up and not fleshy looking. But it seems that this almost fungus looking thing (it looks like a cocoon) (one looks like a barnacle) is killing my candy cane. I also have some Zoos growing on the trumpet (hard) part of the coral. Does anyone know what this cream clored thing is, and how do I get rid of it. And also is it bad for the Zoos to be growing on the trumpet part. I dont know if this is ok but I fresh water dipped the coral for like 30 secs. Was that ok or did I just do my coral in. :(( Please help me out guys. Thanks.

you can try a dip using Lugols solution

in a separate bucket add 40 drops Lugol's Solution to 1 gallon aquarium water, and immerse coral for 10-15 minutes.

jenniebutterfly

is your candy cane closed during the day? it could be in too high of a flow, or not in a spot it likes. sometimes mine do that, and i have quite a few of the sponges on mine. but is that what you have?

jenniebutterfly

have you been feeding it at all? i give mine brine, cyclopeeze, and mysis. the polyps get big and fat. also is there a possibility that something cruised by and stung it? can you post a picture??

jenniebutterfly

never tried but i am sure they will take it. can't hurt to try. but you may want to make sure that the pieces are about 1/4" long. and make sure to give each polyp their own food :)

Archived