Coral Vue Hydros

Cliff's 20 gallon long

i have crabs

Ya, I like my light a ton. I have seen lots of good growth already. My pink zoos have about 5 new heads, all in a month. I would like to get MH lights, but I think my roommates would kill me once they saw the electricity bill. ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, well a few more frags to add to the collection. I acuired one lonely green fuzzy mushroom, a small candy cane coral and a frogspawn. I also finally upgraded to the Aqua C Remora hang on skimmer, the prizm was just a PITA.

As a side note, my cleaner shrimp have babies about every 2-3 weeks, and I think one of them has survived! I saw an exoskeleton of one of them last night, and it was almost 1/4 inch long! It wasnt any of my other pods, I know that for sure, it was a cleaner shrimp exo. Sorry, just really excited about that.

Now back to the pics...

The frogspawn

11334Frogspawn_2-13-05.JPG

Candy cane coral

11334Candy_Cane_2-13-05.JPG

and my lonely fuzzy mushroom

11334Hairy_Mushroom_2-13-05.JPG

Just for reference, here are a center shot, and a full shot of my tank as they appear today.

11334Center_2-13-05.JPG

11334Tank_2-13-05.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
i have crabs

So guys and gals, any recommendations for my next frags? Not sure what else to add at the moment.

Go brain coral. They're awesome. I just upgraded to a 20H and it looks kinda empty in comparison. Managed to make a nice, low-flow area for certain corals and higher for others and the rocks look cool but it still just seems like not much rock when I see pics of other tanks.

Very nice setup!

RN

• 4 weeks later...
i have crabs

I have a few more aditions and some growth to add to the thread. I got a few frags from Jeff's exotic fish and some others from floorlord here on nano-reefs. Great guy to deal with.

First off are new green skirt zoos from jeffs

11334Green_Skirt_Zoos_3-26-05.JPG

Here is a new little mushrooms that I have placed next to my old shrooms. As you can see, the mushroom on the top right is splitting.

11334Mushrooms_3-26-05.JPG

An updated shot of my orange and pastel pink zoos

11334Orange_and_Pastel_Pink_Zoos_3-26-05.JPG

And here are my awesome red and yellow zoos that I just picked up today from floorlord. They look great!

11334Red_and_Yellow_Zoos_3-26-05.JPG

To finish it off, a little updated side pic of my tank.

11334Tank_Left_Side_3-26-05.JPG

Hey that pm I sent you actually worked? WOW, im surprised. I was reading back what I wrote to you and I had a hard time understanding myself, hahaha. That's good it worked. It was a pleasure.

i have crabs

aznr3m1x,

I have egg crate covering the top for a lid.

Cesar,

Ya, I got the basics of it from your message, now I just gotta make a better banner. But its a start. Thx again!

i have crabs

Well, looks like I am switching rooms in my house. I am getting the master bedroom, but that means I gotta move the tank...AGAIN!

Not looking forward to that, especially now that I got it arranged a way I like it. My firefish is gonna freak out when I try and take it out of the tank. There is no easy way to do this. I am gonna have to take everything out, and move it upstairs. Arg.

See that scares me and holds me from my 60g. I might move like in 2 months, but it's not sure yet. So i dont know what to do.

i have crabs

Man, I JUST finished moving my tank, and it was an incredible PITA!!!

Like I thought, my firefish freaked out and scared the crap out of me. I only had one rock left in my tank, and I thought my firefish was behind it, but when I took it out, I did not see the fish. I was worried, thought it jumped ship. But as I was holding onto the rock, the fish managed to dart out of a hole it was hiding into my hand!!! Keep in mind it did this out of the water. My heart must have skipped a beat. At least its over now. Now I just need to re-aquascape. I hate moving tanks.

• 2 weeks later...

i just got a firefish and have been scared to put him into my open top tank - is the egg crate working out good for you? are you just using the typical white lighting cover you get from lowes?

• 2 weeks later...
i have crabs
Originally posted by oceangurl

i just got a firefish and have been scared to put him into my open top tank - is the egg crate working out good for you? are you just using the typical white lighting cover you get from lowes?

I would feel weird with a firefish in an open tank top too. I have had my firefish for 9 months now, and to be honest, he has jumped out of the tank once. It was after I had cleaned the tank and disturbed his home/rock, AND the original egg crate I used did not cover the entire top of the tank. I had a big section cut out of the middle for easy feedings. That was when I first got him. I then cut a different piece to cover the entire lid. Since then he has not jumped out, or at least he has not been successful in getting past the egg crate. I have never seen him attempt to jump out, but you can never watch the tank at all times. I no longer worry about the firefish jumping out. The egg crate is the standard lighting cover you would get at lowes or home depot. I hope I was of some kind of help. :happy:

• 2 weeks later...
oceangurl

Thanks, that was very helpful, I now have an eggcrate tank cover too. =)

Any updated pix of your tank since the move?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i have crabs

Well, I had a LITTLE free time so I decide to take a few quick pics of my tank and some of the new corals. This is after the huge move, so let me know what you guys think.

Open Brain

11334Open_Brain_6-5-051111.jpg

Archived