SaltCritters.com

calcium freeze at 350 ppm

kappa

I tested my calcium about twice a day now, before and after adding about 4 drops of Salifert coral calcium. The results were that the calium levels remained at 350 ppm no matter what. I thought that my calium was droping from 400 to 350 everyday I added calium, but that was not the case. I checked my Alkalinity, and it was way high, maybe due to dosing pH buffer too often after I does calcium. Alkalinity was 12.5 in dKH and 4.46 in meq/L. However, my pH is 8.1 with lights on.

Thank you for telling me that BKtomodachi. I test calcium about a few hours after adding calcium. Oh well, sooner or later I will be able to fix the problem.

I wouldn't worry excessively over a calcium level of 350 ppm, unless you're obsessed with the fastest growth possible in sps, it shouldn't be that big a deal.

Possible causes to it not wanting to raise are high pH and alkalinity.

now get the calcium reactor. It should give you a balanced proportion of calcium to alkalinity. As soon as you get it dialed it, you'll be good to go. Oh yeah, get the reef fanatic solenoid/regulator and a 10lb co2 tank too. k thanks

Archived