Pod Your Reef

my 10 gal

SLOreefer

working at a reputable lfs helps with the coral selection for sure. i get fraps from customers as well as co workers so it is great. i xnt wait to setup my 20 with better lighting so i can get even more frags

Looks nice man. I'd post a pic of my tank too but everybody would laugh cause I have way too many sps in there right now, so it looks crazy, lol. Hey eric, how's it going? Are those purple zoos spreading nicely?

the purples fell behind some rockwork for a while so they didnt spread much, but not ive got them out and they are doing much better. they have started to grow over a small section of rock. they are kinda hidden in the pictures since they are on the side of the tank. i cant get pictures over there either. they are looking pretty good now though.

and i agree you cant have too many sps. i cant wait till i have good enoug lighting for sps. with my 20 im gonna try some lower light sps since i will have 4 75w vhos over it.

Nice tank, lots of variety there, I really like it. One thing though; FLATWORMS.

I see they are quite rampant in your tank.

Try to siphone out as many as possible everyday for a few weeks. That'll severly reduce the population. I have done it myself, and now only see the odd few every few weeks, and I siphone them out right away, hopefully they'll never get more than that and maybe even die out.

I love the variety you have in that tank.

Very nice. Keep up the good work.

thanks sahin...i have been siphoning them out the last few days. they have just started to appear recently. i have been trying to get rid of this problem and they seem to be slowing up.

hehe, really, too many sps. here's a list:

green capricornis

purple rim capricornis

orange capricornis

purple digitata

orange digitata

purple/green polyp digitata

green table

purple tip valida

green youngei

orange millepora

purple millepora

hot pink millepora

turquoise/blue tip formosa

purple formosa

odd acro, electric green polyps

And that's not mentioning all the lps and softies.

;)

its a diadem dottyback...it really should have a bigger tank but im setting up a 20 as soon as i get all the plumbing...it will be alright for a while.

Archived