Top Shelf Aquatics

Buying fish online

DevouR

I have always got my livestock from LFS.

Now I am looking to purchase a colored angler & the online sites seem to have the LFS beat by a mile in the price range. Although alot of them dont really let you pick your color:( This is hard when buying a COLOR angler.

Our distributor will select the color of the Angler according to what they have available

Anyway My question is what are some good sites to buy fish/livestock from?

please reply thx

online fish stores:

ffexpress.com - never had a problem with them

premiumaquatics.com (email cory@premumaquatics.com). These guys have smaller stock (check availability list) but they are top notch and my last order they screwed up and accidentally sent me a purple tipped montipora frag rock that had 5 little frags on it. the monti was sent in place of a $14 clam that I had ordered. Cory will generally match other online store prices if he can.

Marinedepotlive.com - pretty good as well.

ipsf.com for sandbed critters

inlandaquatics.com has a diverse selection of goodies from corals to refugium and sand bed critters.

In general, I find shopping online to be much cheaper than my LFS. I feel bad no longer giving them my business, but when they tell me they can order a powerhead pump for $30 and a power compact bulb for $25, and I find both online for $15 and $8, my wallet knows better. I have always had better luck buying livestock online as well. Particularly since my LFS keeps virtually nothing in stock and orders all livestock I want anyway, I think online is definitely the way to go.

I had some success with eTropicals when I first started out with livestock. Nothing expensive though. I think they are now owned by the good Dr's these days.

I would dearly love to support my decent LFS when I can but, in my view, they are a bunch of galahs in there. Ok, I'm biased.

Archived