inTank Media Baskets

Chiton or Nudibranch?

NCNBilly

I've been trying to get a picture of this thing. It's darn near flourescent orange, definitly nocturnal. About the size of a thumbprint, and very flat. No distinguishing marks, in fact I thought it was a sponge until I saw it come out of the crevice it hides in. When I get enough light to take a pic, it pulls back in and the pictures are crap.

It's premium fiji, and came with tons of pineapple sponges which are slowly disappearing which leads me to believe it may be a nudi. I've also had some problems with soft corals, but couldn't pin it down on anything.

I'll try again to get pics tonight, but I'll entertain speculation of ID until then.

**Edited to add pic...

thing.jpg

Man this thing must be camera shy. Night 2 has failed in producing a useful photograph. The wife said she would try and snap it today if it came out.

It's a type of flatworm. We had something similar in our systems about a year ago. Ours was brown though, not orange. Someone at the seaslug forum IDed it for us, but I can't remember what the genus was. Sorry!

Thanks Mary. Do you remember if harmful or not?

He came out of the rock last night and I got a good look at him. He seems to have little plates on his back, not sure if they are hard, but it's definitly segmented.

Archived