Top Shelf Aquatics

Chicago LFS with Turbos?

rlinusc

Advanced Aquatics in Schaumburg usually has them. Call first though as stuff is always moving there. Great corals too since they have a coral farm out in Elgin, but a little steep on price.

if you know where aurora is i use to live there 1 is ace hardware on lake street ( i know u think ace hardware hardware shopwll it is but has a pet section a few people there are edjucated one of my techers works there im not sure if she know alot about salt but she knows some fresh ne way) the other one is pet supplys plus in aurora on lake street rite down the road from ace (just so ya know around that area is pretty ghetto) and therer one more up the street past a marels gas station sp. and its called shasta pets there really knowledgeble there,Chris

lol the only reason i know that area is cuz i went to school around there

I live in Ravenswood and i have gone to both reefdweller and Aquatic World, though i don't recall turbos in either. Somewhere in the city would be ideal.

Linus

Last time I was in Old Town Aquarium (hmmm, 2 weeks ago?) they had a bunch of them. They are on Wells, 1/3 of a block south of North ave. Cool little shop, I like them and have bought stuff from them... just beware, ummm, kinda spendy.

You could get them for $2 or $3 each at Scott's Pet Shop -- at 31st and Wolf Road, in the corner of the shopping center there. They're open 9am-9pm, which is nice.

Scott's has lots of sw fish, lots of fw fish, nice plants, small coral selection, boring 90%grey rock. Turbos are usually kept in the aisle on the far left, in the last tank of the top row. Go in, look around, and when you know what you want, queue up at the register to get help. Kind of an odd way to approach customer service, but it means ya don't get bugged when ya just wanna look, and you *will* get help when you want it (though you might have to wait a bit). Mondays and Thursdays are busiest, since that's when they get their live brine & blackworms in. (If you want them, get there early: blackworms sell out by 5pm, brine by 7pm.) 48hr fish guarantee.

Ocean Design at Naragannasset (sp) and something (Irving Park Rd?) is arguably better for livestock -- Tony actually does some quarantine time -- but it's too far for me to get there often. This one's in a strip mall, too; it's on the end of the left branch of shops.

There is a fish store at the corner of Archer Ave & Lockwood Ave(about 10 minutes from Midway Airport). He usually have turbos, but is slightly pricey as well.

Archived