Top Shelf Aquatics

Need 2 ID's Please

FraGgLeRok

I have looked and looked and looked.. lol... and I have not been able to find an ID on the 2 circled items. The item circled in red has a light purple color throughout and looks like a bunch of soft branches or something. It has split into 2 already and I have only had it about 3 weeks now. As for the item in the green circle, it is covering about 1/3 of that piece of LR now, it has a brownish colored base to it, with tons of little green hairs all over it, and during feeding time it seems to send out many clear looking tentacles from is widespread base. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for looking!! :)

First one looks like xenia....

The second one is a small type of anemone or hairy shroom.. does it have a central mouth, and does it move?

BK? There is no way the second is a rodactis or a anemone. I say it is definately a hydnopora frag. I may definately ber wrong on my cauliflower ID though. Dosent look like Xeia though. Well it does but it dosent. More like Anthelia than Xenia to me ?

Thanks for the ID replies. To add more description on the green circled item.... it does not move anywhere and does not appear to have any noticable mouth. I also agree with SaltyDawg on the red circled item in the sense that it does look like a xenia... but then again it doesn't. Oh well... I guess I will just have to let it get a little bigger and maybe it will show some more hints. Thanks again everyone :)

Green circle is DEFINTELY a green Hydnopora Pavona sp.

Look it up to compare photos on the web.

The Red circle could be Xenia but looks more like Anthelia more to me now? LOL!

Archived