Top Shelf Aquatics

Feeding sps

1996indy500

I am a big Kent fan. There is ZooPlex, PhytoPlex, ChromaPlex, Coral-Accel, and MicroVert but what is the best. I know the best would probably be all of the above.

I have just a few days ago heard about oyster eggs. Have you heard anything about them. Do they work? What do you guys use?

My water is perfect. I just want to know about feeding the coral. They can grow with just light, but they will do better if you feed them.

yes marine snow is a liquid......it goes by teaspoons and what not.......i have not had any problem with it......i also have phytoplex i use that every once in a while.......the only thing i dont like about marine snow is that i you have to keep it refigerated after each use .......i dont like to do that cuz everytime i have to use it i have to go all the way doesntairs and come all the way back up then all the way dwn again.......lol but thats just sheer laziness

That is a good point. However some of my corals are really open during the night because of my moonlight. So I dont know when I will feed them. I might try and get something in the morning. Thanks for your help!

y dont u feed a lil bit in the day and a lil at night.......u could even sart spot feeding......but if u feed ur corals during the day and there is stuff left over it still going to be in the water at night when ur other corals open

I used DT's phytoplankton in one of my 55s and it worked good. It went bad pretty fast even in the frig. I just didn't want to mess with that again. However the stuff from DT is live so the corals might like it better. I did some research and DT sells oyster eggs. They are 30-50 microns and are eaten by sps and lps. I think my LFS has some I might check that out.

I like DT's and Liquid Life's Coral Plankton and Marine Plankton (Cyclopeeze)...Totally awesome results and not alot of filler junk like the majority of the other products out there.

Archived