ReefCleaners.org

serendipity? what'd I do?

chvynva916

During my weekly water change this week, I accidentally replaced a gallon of tank water with a gallon of fresh water with a suitable dose of kalkwasser. After some quick adjustments (during which I was panicking) I returned the salinity to a good value 1.023, and all my other tests (no3, nh3, ph) returned positive results. My water, however, was slightly cloudy and is gradually returning to normal.

My questions: Will I suffer any consequences, and is it good that my corals suddenly look like they have grown substantially? My finger and brain look great, my frogspawn which was nearly dead when I bought it looks like it grows by the minute, and my new alvepora finally opened up.

What do you guys think?

maybe your pH was way out of whack before? calcium was too low? maybe that water change was REALLY needed? or maybe the corals were stressed by that act and are doubling their efforts to survive?

my bet would be calcium, alk, and/or pH was low. if the corals are looking good they're probably doing good (not always the case tho). ;)

Archived