Coral Vue Hydros

sps corals in trouble?

Steve973

Hey people,

I have noticed my green slimer's base turning completely white, and the problem was creeping upwards slowly. This morning, I noticed the same thing that looked like a "sore" near the tip. I also have a blue/purple acro that has a similar spot, although it heals and then reappears. It has done that probably twice since I've gotten the frag.

Well, today I noticed that I have the tiny red "bugs" on some of my corals. Would this be the culprit? I'm not sure what I should do. I hear that they don't attack green slimers, but what happened? I'm at a loss, so if anyone has had similar experiences, please share.

Steve

jenniebutterfly

the little red bugs could be red planarians (red flatworms). do they look like little flat snails with no shells? if so that is possibly what they are. they seem to irritate corals sometimes. if you can, get a large plastic bowl and fill it with some of your tank water, pull out the corals that you see them on and swish them around in the water. the little flatworms cannot hold on good, and most will come off. swish for a few seconds and then let them settle to the bottom of the bowl. do this for about 1 minutes and this will get rid of some of them. also you could try flatworm exit in the water. you can also use that in yoru tank, but when you notice them dying off try to suck most of them out of your tank. also do a water change :)

Oh no! I'm sorry man, the red SPS bugs are NOT a good sign. I'm going to have to refer you to do a search on reefcentral.com becuase its probably out of our knowledge basis for the most part here.

I'm going to get ahold of some Interceptor and treat my tank. There was a good thread on RC about it, and I'm feeling positive...

Steve

Archived