SaltCritters.com

20H stocking questions

waterdog1

I planned on putting 2 perc clowns in my 20H. I would love to add a single firefish as well. Do you think that is pushing it? There will be a fair amount of macro algae for N export. And just some basic corals like shrooms,xenia and kenya tree. I dont want to push my luck with fish load, but I really like fire fish and they are only 12 bucks locally.

Meercat_Maric

Clowns will get along with just about any other docile fish.

Fire fish are cool, but they are wicked jumpers - make sure your lid or canopy is placed on tight. I wanted to get one too but I run an open tank - bad news for me :(

A little clown goby would be nice, and I always recommend barnacle blennys. I have a firefish, but run an egg crate lid. If the clowns start to pick on the firefish even a LITTLE, it will jump. The bioload shouldnt be a problem if you change water frequesntly and go easy on feedings. A skimmer would also be very helpful here if you dont have one already.

waterdog, I don't think adding a 3rd fish will cause any problems in terms of bioload. In fact, you could probably add a 4th small fish if you have a good protein skimmer like a Remora. I'd say go ahead and get a firefish, they're cool fish.

Archived