inTank Media Baskets

TBM? (Tiny Baby Mushroom)

davinaster

jenniebutterfly

yes it looks like the origional mushroom walked across the rock, they will leave a portion of their foot and it becomes a new baby mushroom, i have one doing this right now :) jennifer

Yep its a shroom. certain species (aprerantly you got lucky and have this species!) Will move and leave a small part of thier base behind. This turns into a baby shroom. Congradt's!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, this guy is getting bigger, and another one has popped up, too! My question now is this:

They are both in the shade of the "momma" 'shroom. On another thread I read today, someone suggested cutting the big 'shrooms off the rock and moving them to other places in the tank, thus a) letting the little guys grow bigger and B) spreading the love around my tank :)

Any thoughts about this? Anyone done this with huge success? Anyone done this with huge failure? Anyone think I should just leave them alone to sort it out? Anyone think I have to intervene?

Thanks! :D

jenniebutterfly

i would leave it, mine do fine on their own, and the mother keeps moving, eventually they will grow enough to compete with mama :)

i have a rock that is about 3 X 3 and when i got it it only had 3 shrooms on it and now, 2 months later it has 8. great investment! i never moved the rock either, just left it as it was since it was so happy....

• 2 weeks later...

Mushrooms will spread very fast by pedal laceration. I had a rock that was ~3"x4" with one shroom on it and about 8 months later there was 34 new shrooms on it. I kept moving the rock around on them, changing the conditions they were in.

Archived