Pod Your Reef

Unknown anemone

fluidlock

I have attached an image to this, so hopefully you will be able to see it. If not, I'll try again. But if anyone knows what this anemone is and whether or not i should keep it (if came in on LR), it would be a great help.

Thanks.

Can become a problem, it will multiply quickly and sting everything. Have a search on how to remove them properly. If you try to "cut it off" it will spread.

inject it with boiling hot water it will shrink down and it may come back, if it does repeat the process..........or u could use joes juice from GARF.org

Use Lemon Juice. If you hit them in the stalk with lemon juice and they come back, then just sell your house and move Because they deserve the tank and the house!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL!!!!!!1

I'm starting to think there is no way of getting rid of my aptaisia. I tried boiling water, lemon juce, vinager, kalk paste and still nothing and I'll be damned if I buy a big ass jug of joes juice if I only need an ounce of it

You can also try pepermint shrimp. I got two pepermint shrimp and they cleared all the of the glass anemones out within a week except for the biggest ones which i got rid of myself. For me they worked great just dont feed them anythign else untill they are gone.

BUT......... You MUST make sure they are wild caught pep shrimp!!!!

tank reared pep's will not eat aptasia because it has never been apart of thier natural diet in the home aquarium.

BTW you didnt have any luck using lemmon juice? You must not have injected them directly into thier stalk? Or missed a couple of big ones and they re-colonized on ya or somthing.

Archived