Pod Your Reef

Mini-jet 404 question

LSUtiger

Hello again. I purchased 2 mini-jet 404's from bigalsonline.com recently. One of the pumps' casing is broken. It is on the opposite side of the impeller/discharge. I realize this piece should snap on and off anyway, so I was curious if this is worth trying to get replaced? The piece still snaps on, but if it was water tight, it isn't anymore. I'm guessing that this isn't a problem. I just wanted to check. Thanks for any replies.

Meanwhile, here's an update of where I am. I bought the 7g bow. I've installed the CSL 32W retrofit. I put a black background on the back of the tank (i didn't paint it yet; the otherside of the background is blue, so I may flip flop it to see which I like more). I bought the CPR aquafuge, which comes with the RIO pump. I did a not-so-dry run Friday night to test that out. First I plugged in the Rio and then the mini-jet. Later, I unplugged the rio and I couldn't hear the mini-jet running. That is amazing the noise difference between the two. So, I bought me some 1/2" hose today at Home Depot to connect one of my mini-jet's to the aquafuge overflow, and the rio will hopefully never end up in my tank. No reason to have the extra noise if I don't have to.

So, I'm getting closer!! : ) I still need a stand. Has anyone purchased one online preferably with a cabinet underneath? I need to find something so I can get started cycling the tank.

Thanks for all the help I've gotten so far.

Mark

Those pump cases are just for keeping a cleaner appearance. That snap on piece falls of of lots of pumps and DOES NOT seal anything. Most pumps are epoxy sealed and unless the epoxy case is cracked you can safely use the pump.

Cameron

Christopher Marks

If you do want to get it replaced, Aquarium Systems is very good about sending replacement parts hassle free. Just give them a call using the info in the box, or on their website.

Archived