inTank Media Baskets

Bowfront 2.5 Pico

kimura

Well, I said I would return......

I'm starting a 2.5 Pico for now, just untill I get my furniture delivered from San Diego.

Went to Walmart to get a 2.5 for $15 bucks on sale! The only problem was the color (PURPLE). So I decieded to paint it. Got black paint for the hood, trim, and bottom. Then I got some blue paint for the Background. I also picked up a $12 HOB filter and a $5 heater.

I went to a LFS to pickup an 18w PC w/ a 50/50 bulb for $30.

Got a $2.89 sheet of acrylic, so that I could cut it for the top.

Here's a Pic:

Right now I'm in the process of painting the hood so that I could begin to retro-fit the 18w PC.

I plan on keeping zoo's, ric's, and GSP.

This should be pretty simple, water changes will be small and top-off's. This setup is gonna be way cheaper and easier, as long as I can keep it stable and consistant.

Here's a pic of the PC bulb I got for it. It's a tight fit, but will work. The only thing I needed to do was cut the reflector.

chrisisthereefer:

HAHAHA....I was just thinking about doing that. BUT....I'd have to figure out how to fit it, in it's stock hood. I'm trying to design a hood for it, so that I could add an additional 18w PC and a cold cathode ray, for my night light.

axess68:

I had mine sitting around for 5 months. I just now got tired of looking at it. Good luck with your's. Post some pic's once it's up.

Maybe there should be a PICO Tank site!

Archived