SaltCritters.com

96 watt powerquad

crunk

i would like to see some pictures of tanks with the powerquad seeing how i just bought one and would like to see what i can do with it. i have a 10 gallon tru-vu flatback hex and i will be installing the retro soon. when it's set-up i'll post some pics. thank you.

check out my tank in the members tank forum. i added a 70w mh in late october but i have a 96w retro in the stock hood of the eclipse and it works quite well.

this is my 11g with a 96w power quad

Img0043.JPG

I like it alot. Its been a great light for me, I just wish i had a bit more room to add some more actinics..but thats personal preferance.

I had some SPS in there for a while but the BTA killed itX)

any softy, LPS or anenome will be fine under it, and even some SPS and I would say even a clam of at least 3" would do fine.

Just make sure you keep it cool, heat can be an issue and the bulbs last ALOT longer when cooled properly. I have had this bulb for about 8 months now and its just as bright as a the new spare one i have.

I am moving everything to a 15g with a 150w 20k halide. and the colors of the corals are actually pretty similar. the halide has a bit more florece to it and the water looks bluer but its pretty close color wise IMO

without going to a halide with actinic supliments this is your best bet.

sorry, forgot about this thread from the lack of participation. anyway enderg60, yore tank is amazing. i love it. did your corals grow fast or moderately? again, your tank looks amazing.

zoos i have seem to double in size every 4 or so months, GPS doubles in like 2 months, candy has grown about 50% in size over 8 months but lower polyps died when the top ones grew over them so its only a bit larger.

BTA is about 50% larger in the 10 months ive had him..and i dont feed it but like once every 3-4 months(i just forget and im lazy)

Archived