Top Shelf Aquatics

My new reef of 2005!

smokez01

well, this sunday i cleaned the tank, and i re did the aquascape, and i must say, i dont know what i did or how i did it but i am STOKED on how it came out, staring at it i got this vision!!, if i move this here and that there, and blam!! i have a KILLER idea on what to do to the right side, you guys will just have to wait and see, i also added 10 lbs of sea flor special grade aragonite reef sand

it is still a bit foggy, and i have to clean it once more, but you get the idea,...

1ood50

with sand

1oocgg

i am also in the process of a diy canopy planning to house a regent 250w 20k de metal halide :teehee: :woot: B)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that a torch you got on the left-side rockery?

that right rockery is looking a bit lonely...i take it you have plans.

Cant wait to see it in a few months. Nice one!

• 3 weeks later...

i suggsest not putting a sun coral in the light...they dont like alot of light....try putting it under a cave or sumthing ;)

• 1 month later...

No new addtions or updates,

i have been very busy with school, and track and field,

i have, although, finished my canopy for my MH, and i should have that set up by sunday as i ordered the bulb yesterday, then after that ill be able to purchase more corals with the added light,

i am also currently trying to look for a job since track season is over next thursday,

and then school is over in thirty days :*(

I dont like being a senior

Did you remove the eggcrate before adding the substrate? I think it's a bad idea to have the sand over the eggcrate, it inhibits critters from moving freely.

I could be wrong though, but I remember hearing that somewhere.

Nice tank though!

- Daniel

Originally posted by qwertyuiop

i suggsest not putting a sun coral in the light...they dont like alot of light....try putting it under a cave or sumthing ;)

is it that they don't like light...or don't need light? ...crap i have mine about 10 inches away from 32w 50/50 and 13w actinic. but mine are doing well. had it for about a week and they've almost fully extended...mb not fully cuz of the light?

Working on it,. . .

I just finished my DIY MH Canopy, and i just finished wiring up my computer fans yesterday, so hopefully today, since i dont have track practice, i can come home and snap some shots of the whole set up, i am also going to drop off my job application to BigAls, its their first store in the US and they are 10 mins away B)

Also, I scored ~20lbs of LR, fo FREE , about 5/6 of Fiji, and the 15 rest of Tonga Branch LR, in my Marine science class, these kids who had a big 50 galon had a bunch of LR, and none of them didnt klnow what to do with it since we were dismantling our tanks, so i told them i could take it home, but i soon realized its too much for me to handle, or what i planed to do, so maybe i can throw up a little nano cube or something, the tonga branch is hard to work with cus its soo loose, i wanted to try and create a tower, but it seems pretty hard, i broke up the huge chunk of fiji LR into ~4ish peices, i will try to be adding those, so right now i have no idea how to scape it,

Some Photos

Full shot with canopy open

4jx6v8

Front Shot

4jx6xw

250w DE MH Bulb inside a DIY REGENT

4jx6zc

and Here is a picture of my 2 80mm Computer fans, both wired up together into one 12v outlet

4jx749

as you can see, to the left of it, is a 45 degree down angle,... i can easily remove the front of the canopy to acess the tank, the front hinges onto the 45 degree angle, so i lift up and pull away, push in then push it down, my balast is atached the same way he has his attached,

The idea came from Melev from this site: http://www.melevsreef.com/pics/1204/evans_canopy.html

any questions please feel free to ask

• 2 weeks later...
imafishboy

cool aquascape. but i like the left side better. you should try to mirror the left side to the right side. cuz left side is all cool, then you move to the right side and its gets a lil crazy ;) nice tank though.

TheCoralReef731

I think the right side will look better once it gets covered in coraline. Looks very good.

Archived