ReefCleaners.org

Anyone havea surge bucket on their Nano's?

Guy

I was considering constructing a surge device for my 20 gallon long and was wondering if anyone else had one and can offer some comments/suggestions. I was going to start with a 2 gallon size that would probably dump at about 1 gallon or so.

This is for a tank in my basement so the asthetics are not important, neither are the chance of the wife complaining about the noise.

Thanks

guy

I messed around A LOT with surge devices on my 10g earlier this year... I refer you to this thread: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...=&threadid=1703

You should be able to see the pics if you manually paste the urls that someone listed in that thread into your browser.

anyway, i'd say with surge "buckets" you're asking for a big mess, especially in a nano, but the system i finally ended up with worked quite well. unfortunately i don't have pics of that system, just the orginal one that i tried. anyway, hope you enjoy working w/PVC and making trips to the hardware store :) i'd be happy to offer advice in the process of your experimenting with these devices...

Archived