Cultivated Reef

for anyone with cloudy water...

leaky

I got home from work and my ten gallon with a 5 gallon refugium had a massive white cloudy outburst. I was in panic and did a 2 gallon water change and searched the forums... I read about caluerpa(sp.) overgrowng a tanks nutrients and then some turning white from going asexual as a last bid to stay alive. as my refugium was packed with caluerpa i checked it out and all over the back was white caluerpa.... I immediately took it all out and cliped alot of the green ones.... the water was still cloudy... eveything in the tank was doin fine, nothing was sick or dying.... I had to go out for the evening and when I got home the cloudy water was completely gone and my tank is back to a healthy state... I will do another water change today just to be safe..... therefore, For anyone who does not know... clipping caleurpa is very important... do not let it overgrow.....

oops, sorry... that was my fault.... I was eating cookies and drinking some milk..... the fish looked hungry and they really liked Giant Oatmealies, but I thought they were missing out on the whole dunked cookie experience thing.... darn. Sorry.

X) dave, dave, dave. you and your unorthodox methods. go back to using kalk for your calcium dosing.

well, at least you didn't try that disastrous water aeration method again! pee eww! just because they're bubbles in the water doesn't necessarily mean they contain oxygen! :x

:P

Archived