Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

new rock

kgb

If it's already been cured, then you should be fine. There might be a very slight cycle but there's nothing to worry about. (Except for how "cured" the LFS claims the rock to be...)

If you didn't pay a premium, it's probably not completely, wonderfully cured. That's not a cheap undertaking for a LFS, so they have every right to charge for it.

Rock that's just sitting around, that hasn't sold for weeks shouldn't be called "cured" if it's in a poorly-lit vat with tons of stuff coming and going every hour. I would think curing requires a more stable environment than many of the live rock retail vats I've seen.

hey guys ok heres how it goes goes

ok the guys at this lfs know me and fronm what i ask here they have been telling me the truth on all my tank and live stocks questions. the guy i talk to has 2 saltwater tanks and made his own nano in the lfs for an example of what you can do

this rock will be cured in like half week

they put half there new rock in the normal tanks with there fish and coral and they seam good

they re under metal halide and pc lighting

but yeah so should this be goodenough

the reason i ask is because i want to buy a wrasse but i heard the arent super hardy like clowns i think the orange ones are cal percs or something liek thta right ?

Some wrasses are very easy to keep. Make sure you stick to the ones that stay small.

Cleaner wrasses are another story. For the most part, they seem to just die in captivity. Some people keep them alive, but in most cases they die within weeks or months. So make sure you buy a Moorish Idol, a Psychadelic Mandarin, and a Copperbanded Butterfly at the same time (just joking don't flame me!)

Archived