Pod Your Reef

spray bars

Crakeur

for those of you with spray bars, where did you get them? I have been trying to find something on the net that will work for me and haven't found squat.

made my own.. 1" PVC in a tee configuration. Drilled holes parallel to the water surface, and at 90 degrees from water surface (circulation behind LR). NOTE: this is on my 125 Gal. HTH

almost forgot...

This bar is submerged. so I also had to drill an anti-syphon hole right at the water's edge in case of power failure. Pumping close to 1600 gph through this, no need for powerheads.

I would think the same thing can be built for a nano (I have a 20 gal). I just haven't gotten around to it on mine.

was hoping to avoid a diy job as I tend to go overboard, try and do way more than I am capable of and end up buying something that works better in the long run.

Thanks for the info.

Crakeur,if you come by and see my tank Ill give you a spray bar.I have one in the 15gal nano powered by a small rio.Its set up on a timer every half an hour for 8 hours.

Look for someone selling German canisterfilter parts from Eheim or Fluval. They are available in a number of sizes. Eheim spray bars are even green colored, so the algae knows where to go.

Archived