Cultivated Reef

Jelly Like Egg Sac ID

klagos

I have had the rock in the new tank cycling for about a week and I notice the little egg sac thing. Any ideas? There are red and clear sacs inside a blob that looks like jelly. If you look closely you can see a bunch of tiny little things moving around. A bunch is 100's. The pictures are here as well. The eggs sac is about two x three. ??????

Bristle worm eggs. ditch them. ( if they are but I think thier eggs are white?)

Fish eggs of some sort. youll find out SOON either way if they are moving around!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!! BWhahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!;)

I removed the rock a few days ago. Now in the bucket I put it in, there are hundreds of tiny little "mites". They are all swimming freely in the water that does have current. I have mostly watched copepods walk on the glass an rocks, not swimming around. They don't look like larvae, they look like tiny dust mites swimming in the water. In three days, there are hundreds so even if they were pods, isn't that an awful lot to hatch that quickly? And I also don't think tbey are pods because I thought th4e females carried their eggs. Let me know if anyone has any ideas. I don't think I'll be using this rock no matter what, but now I am intrigued.

Has no one out there seen anything like this? I have tried to find pictures of other bristle worm eggs as Salty Dawg suggested but couldn't find any. There are more and more little "mites" that swim very jerky around the water. Anyone have any ideas? I am not looking for facts, just ideas that I can reasearch. Thanks again.

Thanks. They are still swimming around and they don't appear to be getting bigger, but always remember, patience. I don't think they are red mites, because they came from a piece of rock that hasn't been with corals in my tank yet. The eggs came with the LR I bought. I didn't even think about fish fry. I guess. The bucket is still there. We'll see. I would love to hear any other ideas. This seems kinda different than anything I've been able to find on this site.

Archived