20lbs of live Rock

Crushed coral base with 5lbs of live sand on top

2 Red Leg Hermits

3 Blue Leg Hermits

Sallylightfoot Crab

Domino Damsel

Seabae clown

...and a sandsifting starfish that was a hitchiker in the sand

Thanks!! Had some bumps in the road, but I think I may be getting the hang of it. This is actually the second aquascape, I had to redo it all last night to make room for the new skimmer. I am really happy with it now! Thanks!

I'd like to thank you for reminding me about the Little Dripper. That's an awesome topoff idea. Right now I have a gallon sized jar on top for topoff, but the little dripper would work better. Thanks!

Thanks!! I cant wait to put some more corals in there. Trying to take things slow (so hard), but I will keep everyone posted.

Yup.. that is just what it is. I cant get it to drip exactally right so I set it a little on the slow side as to not over do it.

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted an update in a while, so here ya go. Tank has been up for 4 months. Plenty of algae, but generally pleased with the progress. Let me know what ya all think.

DSC05771.JPG

Couple of additions too...

1 Turbo

4 Astria (sp?)

2 more Blue Legs

Xenia (2 frags fell off the day I brought it home)

both have attached to different rocks

2 New Shrooms and a few zoas

Funky_Fish14

Ooo that looks great for a first tank! Where did you get the Orbits light? Thanks.

Chris

Couldn't you DIY a blue 'filter' over the white moonlights? For example, there's a transparent blue acrylic picture frame (not mine!!) for $.98 that might work. That's what I was going to do but I ordered the blue ones - should be here tomorrow!!!!! Good luck,

Another noob

Archived