Coral Vue Hydros

look at my xenia (photo attached)

waterdog1

audiocontrol

the colonies are still so small, so it is hard to tell from a picture ya know? I guess it does look like a variation of anthelia, and one would assume so if that person did not know where the polyp heads came from. I watched these things die, re-establish, and regrow to form into new colonies all over the period of 2 months

audiocontrol

btw, when this "pom-pom" species (x. umbellata) is not doing to well, the fringes are not as apparent and the base seems to thin out and stretch. I have seen this on many occasions with this same species within many different LFS. It is a very difficult species to establish but when all the conditions become right for it, it will flourish. Only when the xenia is in excellent condition will the polyps fully extend and spread like that.

Originally posted by audiocontrol

do you have a recent pic of it?

Here it is as of 1/12/04

Base has shrunk and shifted. The "poms" look better and are pumping. Do you think it could be on the mend?????

Here it is as of 1/12/04

Base has shrunk and shifted. The "poms" look better and are pumping. Do you think it could be on the mend?????

Here it is as of 1/12/04

Here it is as of 1/12/04

Here it is as of 1/12/04

Here it is as of 1/12/04

Here it is as of 1/12/04

Here it is as of 1/12/04

lol, i was going to say what was all that about. I can see where the base seemed to have rotted away a little bit, but it does not seem to be a a lost cause yet. It looks better than mine did when it was dying off. But that base really sould be much more smooth and thick. You will know it is done for if you blow a quick burst of water on the head and the polyps float away...thats the real test.

• 4 weeks later...
Corbet_Jackson50

8018IM000170-med.JPG

I bought this frag for $10 from my lfs it was on the piece of macro by the shrimp now 1.5 weeks later it has split apart and looks like this. what do you guys think look healthy?

Archived