ReefCleaners.org

Post picturesof JBJ nanocubes

halfpint

Here is a picture of my JBJ Nano. Had it up and running for about 6 months. the rock is from my other nano that has been running for about a year and a half. it has stock lighting and a 125 GPH PH. the only coral is a pumping Xena. there is also a red sea star.

IMG_6622.jpg

this is it with the flash.

IMG_6620.jpg

I am looking for any suggestions for cool corals for it that are not going to sting any other corals.

is it possible that if i get an anemone that it will kill any coral, or vice-versa???

hey, 748S911

you don't haveany problemswith your temp going through the roof? mine stays around 82! i need to save up and buy a chiller, i think.

that's sweet. you said that you have LR in the sump. do you ever rinse it or have lights on it? also doyou ever have problems with algae outbreaks. and lasly, do you have the sponges, ceramic, bioballs, or any other filter media in there?

Here is my setup... First chamber I have poly which catches most of the particles. Above the intake I cut 1/8 wide teeth across the top of the chamber to act as a simple surface skimmer. Second section I have full of LR rubble. I have never rinsed it and the only light it gets is from the tank. The third area I have my heater and a bag of purigen. And all I have in the fourth area is the pump, a minijet 606. I use the stock pump in my mixing bucket.

that's awsome. i might look into getting some LR rubble and doing the same. what is the GPH on the pump you installed on the return of your filter?

Thanks! Yes I plan on adding more. I found a great LFS that sells frags priced from 5 to 40 dollars depending on the size. So thanks to them I will be adding more very soon. Its the only LFS in Atlanta that sells frags as well as full size coral.

audiocontrol

I bought pre-cycled sand and just slowly added the rock over time. You dont need to wait long, unless you plan to have fish, then it must be very stable.. corals are more forgiving in that respect.

no i dont want to have to deal with feeding and then nitrate going up.

besides, more money andspace to put coral in. :)

audiocontrol

You just made one of the most intelligent decisions of your little reef journey, lol. Your corals are going to grow faster, you'll have next to none with algae problems (if you use excelent source water), less maintenence, and is all round cheaper. thats the route I chose and I have no more room for anything in my tank, litterally corals are growing on each other.

Archived