ReefCleaners.org

Anglers in a nano?

DevouR

What do you mean anything, Corals also?

Say a 20gl tank with only a full sized maroon clown, would that be doable? I seen one in my LFS the other day & it was sweet!

Anyway I may not be that interested in one cuzz of the sticker price $$$$$:(

Also what is a very brightly colored/well manered/borrowing/reef safe Gobie that is nanoable? I love the burrowing ones. Say a orangespotted or a orange strip prawn?

one time in reef camp.........

get one.. just dont expet to have any fish or shrimps in the tank.

they can get big, but they dont need huge food intake, they are ambush predators, so they dont use a lot of energy.Just feed it sparingly ya will have like 3 years or so in a 10 gal.

as far as gobies, the orange spotted gobies get a little big for a 20(like 4 1/2 inches) but prawns gobies would be a great addition. a rainford's goby would be another good choice.

printerdown01

Anglers SHOULD be doable... Honestly, if I didn't have my maroon I would have done it a long time ago (did you get the idea from my recent post...?). Someone has kept a yellow frog/leaf fish which is an angler... They sell "dwarf" anglers; these guys are usually sold at about 1/2" and should grow to about 2". The trick with anglers is not looking at their "mouth size" but rather their body size. Their mouths will expand, greatly, when catching prey. They will eat any fish that is about their size or smaller. They obviously can't eat a fish that is larger then they are ;). Dwarf anglers can also greatly varry in color, from white to yellow to black to bright red/orange. Let me know if you are interested in going for it (PM me). Let me know where you are located... If you are in Nor. Cal. I can give you the name of a shop that gets them in regularly ;) -I'm sure they can special order!!

-Later,

Anthony Philliip

Yes I am thinking about going for a single dwarf.

I also live in the east bay ( nor cal ). My LFS has 2 black anglers in atm but i'm not sure if there dwarfs & there very spendi$$.

printerdown01

"The Aquarium" in Concord (East Bay) usually gets in dwarf anglers... Check them out... There is a guy named Bob that works there, he is probably your best bet for knowledge ;).

Archived