Innovative Marine Aquariums

New Leather

c3po

I recently bought a couple of coral specimens two days ago, one of which being a leather. The leather seems to be a bit unhappy...

It seems to be retracted quite a while during the light cycle and only opens to 1/2 ?? its extended size when it does come out.

My tank [20G] has moderate flow [2x 1200L/hr powerheads], Light is moderate 36w CF 50/50....soon to be supplemented with a 70W MH.. water parameters are good [NO3 = 5ppm] [pH = 8.2] [temp = 27 degrees / 79F]. I dont have a nitrite test kit, but i am positive that it not a problem. I have a few other bullet proof corals zoo's and some mushroom anenomes... all looking good...

Anything i should be worried about? or am i expecting too much of this poor guy ie. still aclimating?

Thanks for your input..

Steve.

[EDIT: BTW the tank is about 3 months old with good coraline growth and built with established LR from another tank.]

Leathesr take a long while to acclimate to their new enviorment. Especialy if it is a frag newly mounted. It will be ok as long as your tank parameters are in order. I say give it at least two weeks.

Archived