Top Shelf Aquatics

building my new uber 10g

daneel

and here's my christmas present from the wife, the WADU euroreef knockoff skimmer, i found it on ebay for $110.

i've owned the real thing and this is just as good, better than the all seas marine G-1. the WADU came with the new gen-x needle wheel pump, produces a vast quantity of tiny bubbles, as much as the sedra pump but a little more noise than a sedra or dolphin.

all in all for $110, im blown away. also, this thing is built like a tank!!

the egg crate is zip tied to my spraybar so my rocks will be up off the bottom. the whole thing will be invisible after i add substate and live rock. it definatly looks wacky without any sand or rock:x

here's another pic of the skimmer, i was experimenting with how to attach the pump to the skimmer body, i may yet set it up this way. i didnt think the pre impellar venturi it came with looked very effective so i slapped one i made on it. i'll probably just order one from euroreef. but after i actually tried it out the one it came with i was very impressed, it's just a little loud.

minireefin,

i didnt build it for you. maybe you never had detritus build up in your tank, but most of us do.

also, i wouldnt be at all suprised to find water flow coming up from the ocean floor to the fore reef,

and finally, my 10g isnt the ocean, and im not jaques cousteau.

;)

Hey, Hey, I didnt mean to get panties all up...

i was just askin...

i do have detritus, actually. maybe i was tryin to see if i could find a better method.

Sorry if i came of Rude.:)

minireefin,

hey, no prob- im a cranky b**** of a reef nazi, my wife likes to remind me constantly. seriously though, it's a great way to keep detritus from collecting underneath rockwork, and almost invisible after substrate is added. also, i will have 2 small powerheads connected to wavemaker

i will be setting up tank after i finish building canopy and buying 175 m.h. more pics soon.

Archived