Cultivated Reef

Check this out

Glenn

um, my tank is running a bit too hot. can someone suggest a chiller that will cool the tank and put out the fire?

after hours of questioning, the percula clown admitted it had been smoking in it's anemone and it must have dozed off without putting the cigarette out.

No it was not my tank I just seen it on a thread at RC. The guy that owned the tank thinks it was his CSL 32w PC light that started it. Like Christopher Marks said if you have a light that is directly over the tank (no barrier between it and the water to stop water evap. from rising to it ) then you SHOULD have waterproof endcaps! :| In my trade I've seen water get into some very weird places and short stuff out. I don't (IME) like anything near water to not be waterproof.

Spectre: I can't remember if the guy said that he had a GFCI or not. I do know that he said the light timer is what shut off the power. (never tripped the breaker, or the GFCI if he had one)

Physh1: The tank was at the guys office and it was the only thing harmed.

Chufa: I think he might have had a few corals and maybe a fish or two.

I'll try and find the thread and post it so that if anyone is interested they can read it.

holllyyyy SHHHIIITTTTTT BATTT MANN !

WOW.... damn !

musta been one helluva fire....

Exactly why I have slip glass and dont use acrylic tanks.

taht is bad.....!

This dudes geene pool needs more chlorine me thinks.

LOL flamed himself.. HAHAHA

Archived