Coral Vue Hydros

return pump for 5gallon

reefer769

hey everyone,

im going to make a 5 gallon sump for my 5gallon nano, what kinda of return pump would you suggest i use to pump the water back UP from the sump:) ?

oops sorry i almost forgot to mention that my 5 gallon display tank, not the sump, will have a bulk head as an overflow.

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

it also depends on your overflow's capacity... could you use a 10 gal tank btw? 5 gallons doesn't really seem worth all the trouble and expense... expense mostly... but i would strongly suggest via aqua pumps... i am running a 1300 in my 18gal and it's split to two loc line nozzles...

no i cant just use a 10gal btw. im going to have a 5-7 gallon nano with a bulk head for overflow, and a 5 gallon sump. im having the 5-7gal nano with the bulk head custom built for me, its going to be an acrylic tank. im not sure about the actualy gal size becuase the guy added a few inches here and there from the original AGA 5 gallon(the one i have set up now).

A Maxi Jet 1200 "might" do it for ya. You want to look for a pump with a prety high "head" hieght. Like stated By ( The -I- BLow-Men-Project) it all depends on capacity and distance from the main tank.

Well maybe not. Look up a mag-drive flow chart.. then look for something that has a GPH of about 1 1/2 times your tank, then expect to lose some from height and plumbing.

what about a mini-jet 606? the hieght from the sump to the tank is gunna be about 3-4 feet, and the tanks dimensions are, 16x8x12, the tank is a 5 gallon and will have a 3/4 bulkhead for overflow. any help?

Archived