Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

small fish recommendation

xstealthrtx

i've got a 5.5 g tank with a few snails and hermits and a yellow watchman goby. i was wondering if i could get a small fish to go in the tank with him. just something to liven up the tank. just wondering if anyone can name some fish that will stay small and that will get a long with a goby

I'd agree w/ waterdog normally, but a goby isn't a big swimmer, nor does it make a big bioload. You could try a clown. Either true perc. or ocellaris... Brings a nice orange color and are fun to watch. A royal gramma might also be an option...

Originally posted by waterdog1

A clown in a 5 gallon? Man that just aint right. How about a neon goby? I would just add...keep an eye on your water parameters

Hey said CLOWN GOBY not CLOWN FISH...

Kogut said

You could try a clown. Either true perc. or ocellaris... Brings a nice orange color and are fun to watch. A royal gramma might also be an option...

Neither of those would be good in a tank that small. IMO, if you want a another fish, get a bigger tank. If your stuck with that tank, one of the small gobies that uchiha suggested would be an ok canindate. Unfortunately, of the ones that are small enough, none of them would be active swimmers. They would tend to perch on rocks like your yellow watchmen goby.

Archived