Coral Vue Hydros

Bobioden's 15gal 1 year update

bobioden

Well the tank has be up and running for 1 year this week. All the contents came out of my 12g Eclipse which was set up for a little over a year. I added a few things, fragged a few others, but basically just let it do its thing. Looking at the two pics I am amazed at the growth. I guess when you see it every day you just don't realize the changes it is going through.

1-04

0104.jpg

1-05

0105.jpg

Originally posted by Paladin

Nice pics and comparison.  Did you change the lighting?  The earlier one looks more blue.

Actually the lighting has changed. I was using a 175w 10k with 2 Ultra actinic PC bulbs. The Ultra bulbs tend to look more blue. I am now using a 250w 10k with 2- 03 Actinic. I like the color much better.

Originally posted by Shorty5198

Sweet setup. Man its amazing how one year can make that big of a difference. those frags have grown like crazy. very nicley done.

Thanks, I was amazed myself after looking at the pics. It getting to the point where I have to do some major pruning.

Bob

Originally posted by birdman204

I see a PH attached to the Aquaclear.  Why was that done?  Just curious

Thanks bird, The powerhead is not attached to the aquaclear, it is just placed there for flow along the back of the rock.It is acutally sitting inch or two from the AQ intake.I am using 2 of the AQ tubes together so it expends down to right above the sand. But your right, from the pic it looks attached.

Bob

hi,

very nice tank. i hope to model my new 15 after yours. i was wondering what you used as a clean up crew. i have a 15, and will need one soon.

thanks alot

dustin

Archived