Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cinnamon wont eat brine

kool_sk8a

My tank has been set up for about 3 months. I have had plenty of experience with freshwater but this is my first go at saltwater. I have a 12gallon reef tank, which i know is not ideal for my first saltwater tank but its all i could fit and afford.

I have done a lot of reading about marine tanks both online and through a few good books. I broke all the rules and bought a fish without research. It was labeled as a tomato clown, but im almost sure its a cinnamon. Although i found out as much research as i could from the store worker, i didnt feel i needed to ask about feeding.

From the research i have done since i got the fish, it seems that it should just eat all the normal stuff. I have had him/her (is there a way to tell?) for three days now and it hasent eaten what i have offered (brineshrimp).

Is there a reason why it isnt eating? Should i be offering more variety? What else could/should i offer?

thanks

Good chance he might eat flakes if you got him at LFS. ALso, ditch the brine - no nutrition - go with Mysis shrimp.

If anything, go back to/call the LFS and as them what they were feeding him.

he is very active and seems very happy, is he finding other food in my tank?

i have a small amount of hair algae and a bit of macro algae.

Archived