ReefCleaners.org

Tiny star fish missing legs?

Mofo84

uhh...that's a serpent star. See the circular body shape? A brittle star doesn't have that distinct form. Get it out of there. It'll eat your ######

i gotta agree w/jennie on this one... i have a good handful of these little guys in my tank... mostly come out at night to scavenge for food.

they are harmless

Yeah, I have them in my tank also. But never seen their full bodies just their legs poking out of the LR..

Hey jennie, how long have you been a reefer? seems like you know alot about saltwater.

Mini brittle star. they wont hurt anything at all, infact they are super beneficial count your self lucky. It is a sign of a healthy aquarium.

jenniebutterfly

kevin, not very long, i am still a noob. one year this month, but i do a lot of reading up on stuff. even if it does not pertain to what i am keeping in my tank, but i still have so much to learn, way more actually :)

Yeah me too, I also read as much as possible. Just seems their is always something new to learn. Everyone has different opinions which can get a little difficult as well. I dont know many women who are into this hobby.. Glad to see that i know someone who is. My wife just hates that Im addicted to my tank..LOL

What kind of tank and lighting do you have?

Archived