Cultivated Reef

Pipe organ

DTZREEF

Will pipe organ corals "repopulate" the red skeleton "holes" if most of the polyps have died off? I bought the rock for cheap, The existing polyps seem very healthy and open fully, will they reproduce and fill the empty holes? Thank you for your time.

jenniebutterfly

i bought one that had only two polyps on it, and the skeleton is like 6 x6 and i just noticed two small new polyps next to one of the big polyps so i do not know for sure if they are repopulating the skeleton or if they are forming new skeletons yet, if you know what i mean

I have never seen them 'refill' the holes. however the two varieties I have both had dead spots and have grown around the dead spots so that you wont see them. Good luck HTH

audiocontrol

From what i have seen and know, the pipe organ is quite difficult to care for. Every specimin I have seen has had those dead spots and I only imagine that has something due to captivity. If there is a bit of material left within the skeleton hole...it should regrow if the water params are proper. Otherwise it will just grow new "pipes" inbetween the old ones.

Archived