Coral Vue Hydros

Is this a mushroom coral?

spipedong

I got several of these on some live rock I purchased a week or so ago. I'm pretty sure it's a mushroom coral, but the colors don't quite match.

Also, before I brought them home they had tall stalks and were approximately 1/2-2" tall. Since they've been in my tank they haven't opened more than they are in the pic. I was having a terrible time focusing on them, the camera kept trying to wander towards the rear.

Mushroom corals? Dead/Alive/Unhappy?

Image060.jpg

Those are some beautifully colored mushrooms...Are they directly under your lighting? Shrooms tend to do better in lower light areas. if you happen to have a cave or some kind of overhang to shield them a bit, you'll notice that they'll open up a lot more in the dim areas. great coloration tho! they'll be fine, just move them to lower lit area.

Oh, and lower flow will also be appreciated by these guys and they'll expand more fully in both a low flow, low light area of your tank.

Yeah, they're pretty much directly under the light. I have the coralife 2x36W PC fixture. I'll set up an overhang or something for them when I get home today.

They're also pretty close to the powerhead; not directly in the flow, but I'm sure they don't appreciate it nearly as much as the hawiian feather duster to the left.

Thanks for the info/compliment. :)

Archived